Thursday, November 20, 2008

Out on the Town: Chat 'n' Chew

Julia, Kira and I had dinner at Chat 'n' Chew by Union Square tonight. It's a good place to go as the weather begins to chill. They serve up home style comfort food like meatloaf and macaroni and cheese. Is it the best food I've ever had? No. Is it high cuisine? No. But it is consistent, comforting, and tasty.

Normally I would go mac and cheese, but I've actually had that a lot lately. Really I just wanted sweet potato fries, but I figured that wasn't enough so I got a veggie burger to go with them


Julia had a grilled cheese and tomato. We were impressed that it came with cheddar, American, and Swiss cheese. Three cheeses are better than one!

Kira had the veggie chili, which I was also thinking of getting. It's a hearty portion of vegetarian bean chili with a nice smoky flavor.

When we left there was a man playing the bagpipes in the street! The flash on my camera is messed up so I couldn't get a great shot, but here is my blurry photo.

No comments: