Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fried Eggs with Aged Gouda


During the week I rarely get to enjoy breakfast. If I am lucky I have time to grab a granola bar on my way out. So on the weekends, breakfast or brunch is a luxury I try not to miss out on. Today I made a quick easy breakfast that took about 5 minutes. If you are able, I highly recommend purchasing or making garlic butter. It is the quickest way to make everything delicious. I get mine from Ronnybrook Farms at the Union Square Farmers Market. It also seems fairly easy to make, although I have never tried (future blog post, perhaps?).

I simply heated a nonstick skillet and melted garlic butter. Crack two eggs. Cook until whites have set, then flip. Place a few slices of aged gouda on each egg while it finishes cooking, 1 minute or so. Meanwhile, toast english muffins and smear with garlic butter. Ta-da! I enjoyed this with some pumpkin spice coffee from my favorite place to get fresh coffee, Porto Rico Importing Co http://www.portorico.com/store/. It made for a yummy fall breakfast on what is turning out to be a rainy day. So much for my trip to the farmers market...

No comments: