Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bay Scallops and Spaghetti with Garlic and Shallots


I'm new to this whole seafood thing. Now that I like it however, I can't get enough! Scallops in particular are my favorite. This dish was super easy and delicious. Although fresh scallops are obviously preferable, I used frozen bay scallops from Trader Joes. Rather than defrost them for 6 hours in the fridge as they recommend, I placed them in a container with water and microwaved them for about 3 minutes. They worked out great. A bit of chopped parsley would probably make a great addition to this dish as well. Enjoy!

Ingredients
5 cloves of garlic, minced (less if you’re not obsessed with garlic like me)
2 large shallots, chopped
1 Lb Bay Scallops
1 Lb Spaghetti (or linguine, bucati, or other pasta)
1 Tbs garlice butter (or more, as needed. Regular butter would work well too)

Directions
Put a pot of water on to boil. Cook spaghetti until al dente. Mix with a drizzle of oil to keep from sticking before adding to pan.

Heat butter in a saute pan. Add garlic and shallots and cook until the garlic is slightly brown and shallots are translucent. Add the scallops and cook until cooked through, 5-10 minutes. Add the spaghetti and toss. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!

3 comments:

AkGirl said...

Looks good :)
Somehow came across your blog....fun to check out what other people are doing! A fun recipe that we make often is similar to this, but with spagetti, olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and basil....mmmm, good. Light and yummy too......
well feel free to check out my blog www.latoakgirl.blogspot.com
I'll be sure to check this one out for some good recipes :)

Katherine said...

Thanks for your comment! Your recipe sounds good too, I will definitely try that. I will definitely check out your blog!

SixBalloons said...

Yum, I saw some fresh scallops at the grocer today and was looking for some inspiration... I love garlicky pasta too!