Thursday, December 4, 2008

Out on the Town: I Tre Merli

The night before Thanksgiving Evan and I decided to go out to dinner. It was my last day of work as a social studies teacher (I resigned, a story that could be a blog in and of itself), it was our four month anniversary (who's counting?) and on Friday I would be going away for a week to visit relatives in Canada. We decided to try I Tre Merli, a restaurant on West 10th Street in the West Village, near our parents' houses and somewhere we had never tried before.


They gave us some nice bread to start. We were less than impressed with the $7 glasses of chianti though. Not that we know anything about wine.


We had the sea scallops with avocado and tomato to start. They were good, but I wasn't particularly fond of the fried scallops. It made them taste like any other fried fish. It was good, but nothing special.


The mains were really yummy. Evan had Tagliolini Neri Ai Frutti Di Mare - Black Tagliolini with Shrimp and Calamari in a Lightly Spiced Tomato Sauce. I had Ravioli Di Cinghiale Al Porto - Boar Ravioli with Porto Wine Reduction Sauce. I loved the port reduction sauce and the boar meat.

4 comments:

JH said...

Is it weird for you to have to start your anniversaries over? I mean, how strange to have a "four month" anniversary when you've already got 8 (or 9?) under your belt!

I'm anxiously awaiting the Tgiving blog...

m in the bronx said...

really boar meat? sounds weird to me...but then what do i know about the meat eating world?

Steph said...

i second the boar comment. also, i saw a dead boar in france. i'd really never given boars a lot of thought. and now, twice in one week. strange...

glad you're back :)

Katherine said...

woohoo! back to posting! As for anniversaries, we've decided to make July 26 our anniversary and count years from there (it's less than a month off from the original date). We don't usually celebrate the months of marriage, although it is fun to note them and add them on to any other celebration we might be having.

As for the boar meat, you crazy vegetarians... actually I hadn't had boar many other times before either (maybe once?). It tasted generally like any other red meat.